Take a look at our ten most accessed papers for December.
Among the most accessed articles is a research article in Journal of Cheminformatics from Saber Akhondi et al. published as part of a thematic series on the IUPAC International Chemical Identifier. The paper demonstrates that considerable inconsistency exists in structural representation and systematic chemical identifiers within and between databases. Such inconsistency is important to highlight as it can affect drug discovery research activities such as quantitative structure–property relationship modelling.
Another widely read article published in Journal of Cheminformatics last month is a methodology describing the first steps towards a purely functional cheminformatics toolkit in Scala, showing how typical calculations required in chemical applications can be written with a drastically reduced amount of code.
1. Evaluation of Biologically Active Compounds from Calendula officinalis Flowers using Spectrophotometry
Monica Butnariu, Cristina Coradini
Chemistry Central Journal 2012, 6:35 (27 April 2012)
2. Reverse phase chromatographic behaviour of major components in Capsicum Annuum extract
Monica Butnariu, Angela Caunii, Salomeia Putnoky
Chemistry Central Journal 2012, 6:146 (4 December 2012)
3. Synthesis and biological evaluation of lycorine derivatives as dual inhibitors of human acetylcholinesterase and butyrylcholinesterase
Yue-Hu Wang, Qin-Li Wan, Cheng-Ding Gu, et al.
Chemistry Central Journal 2012, 6:96 (8 September 2012)
4. Toward a general theory of evolution: Extending Darwinian theory to inanimate matter
Journal of Systems Chemistry 2011, 2:1 (7 June 2011)
5. chemf: A purely functional chemistry toolkit
Stefan Höck, Rainer Riedl
Journal of Cheminformatics 2012, 4:38 (20 December 2012)
6. Cacao seeds are a “Super Fruit”: A comparative analysis of various fruit powders and products
Stephen J Crozier, Amy G Preston, Jeffrey W Hurst, et al.
Chemistry Central Journal 2011, 5:5 (7 February 2011)
7. Consistency of systematic chemical identifiers within and between small-molecule databases
Saber A Akhondi, Jan A Kors, Sorel Muresan
Journal of Cheminformatics 2012, 4:35 (13 December 2012)
8. Different extraction methods of biologically active components from propolis: a preliminary study
Boryana Trusheva, Dorina Trunkova, Vassya Bankova
Chemistry Central Journal 2007, 1:13 (7 June 2007)
9. Avogadro: An advanced semantic chemical editor, visualization, and analysis platform
Marcus D Hanwell, Donald E Curtis, David C Lonie, et al.
Journal of Cheminformatics 2012, 4:17 (13 August 2012)
10. Preparation and magnetic properties of nano size nickel ferrite particles using hydrothermal method
Kamellia Nejati, Rezvanh Zabihi
Chemistry Central Journal 2012, 6:23 (30 March 2012)